Wednesday, 10 April 2013

day 12 - shades of grey

Some days are just grey. They're neither good nor bad, they just are. The fact that everything is actually grey outside is likely partly responsible for my feeling ho-hum this morning.

Don't get me wrong, last night Rick and I shared a nice meal while watching the sunset and enjoying a lively conversation. There is a string of such lovely moments I can look back on when it comes to these past twelve days.

I asked Rick if he enjoyed passage making in itself. We have friends who live for this. Our friend Allan has waxed poetic about his offshore experiences, and I know he meant every word. If we are to be perfectly honest, we truly enjoy aspects of this experience too, but we both have had a couple moments of, "Can we please just get there already?" It can be taxing, day in, day out on a small continually rocking boat away from everything and everyone.

And then I sit quietly in the cockpit and think: wow, how amazing it is that we are crossing the Pacific Ocean - this enormous body of water, full of surprises and beauty. It really is humbling. I never would have imagined myself doing this 10 years ago. It's actually pretty stinking incredible if you ask me. Even if some days are just a little bit blah.

Position: 08* 25.873' N 128* 0.663' W
Distance: 123 nm
Heading: 209* T
Speed: 5.1 k .nots

2 comments:

  1. One ship drives east, another west
    with the self same wind that blows.
    Tis the set of the sails and not the gales
    that tell us the way to go.
    E.W Wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are doing great! Smooth seas and fair winds for the 2nd half. We are just leaving Key West, FL northbound on the ICW. Cheers, C&D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...