Thursday, 7 June 2012

sitting atop an island, sipping coffee


Nyon, with the Baja Peninsula in the background

Another feeding frenzy in the anchorage

I love early mornings. Rick is not a morning person. He’s usually pretty dopey for the first hour or two that he’s awake. It’s difficult for him to string together a sentence during that initial hour. (He readily admits this.) I like the solitude and quiet of mornings. It’s my special time.

Clear green water
My first morning in Honeymoon Cove, I brewed some coffee, threw a few items in my little pack, and rowed to shore. Rick was fast asleep. As I walked up the path from the main cove, I looked back to see a large pod of dolphins feeding in the bay. I could hear and see them clearly as I walked up the hill. I climbed up to a point on the north end of the island. I sat on a rock, drank my coffee, watched, and listened.

Later, the day filled with noise, activity, and laughter. That morning, it was just me and Isla Danzante; and she was a charming companion.


SV Time Piece, SV Eagle, and SV Nyon

2 comments:

  1. That place looks amazing! Glad you got to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! We're over in Ensenada Blanca. Can't wait to get over to Honeymoon Cove! Save us a spot :-)
    Verena & Mike, s/v Camille, pacificsailors.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...