Saturday, 13 August 2011

ode to our friends

As excited as we are to start our big adventure... There is inevitable sadness associated with our departure. 

In life, people come and go, and with luck you end up with a handful of keepers... Rick and I can honestly say we have been privileged. Our friends have helped us in our time of need, laughed with us and cried with us. Some have helped us refit our boat, others brought food during those desperately long work days. We have shared our trials, tribulations and joys with each other. They have also needed us, our crazy ideas, and thoughts. We will miss them.

They are rabble-rousers, artists, adventurers, designers, nature-lovers, sailors, nerds, (as am I), and athletes. Some we see nearly every day, others we already love from afar. Going to places unknown, meeting new people, it's all very exciting. Saying goodbye, well, it's a little harder. 

This is for them. (You know who you are.)


 Kind and Generous by Natalie Merchant

La-la-la-la…
You’ve been so kind and generous
I don’t know how you keep on giving
For your kindness, I’m in debt to you
For your selflessness, my admiration
For everything you’ve done, you know I’m bound
I’m bound to thank you for it

La-la-la-la…
You've been so kind and generous
I don’t know how you keep on giving
For your kindness, I’m in debt to you
And I never could have come this far without you
For everything you’ve done, you know I’m bound
I’m bound to thank you for it
La-la-la-la…


Oh I want to thank you for so many gifts you gave
The love, the tenderness, I wanna thank you
I want to thank you for your generosity,
The love and the honesty you gave me
I want to thank you, show my gratitude
My love, and my respect for you, I want to thank you
Oh, I want to thank you, thank you
Thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, thank you,
Thank you, thank you

2 comments:

  1. Keep your eyes open for us. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will, and likewise! Cheers, Kyra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...